We are committed to a conciliatory approach to family issues but also have the experience and expertise to provide both robust and effective representation when required.
At Latham & Co we have many years experience and a strong tradition of serving the local people of Leicestershire and the surrounding counties in respect of divorce and relationship breakdown.
We understand that clients face both emotional and practical problems when separating and seeking to resolve family disputes. We believe that it is at these times that both reliable and straight-forward advice is needed.
We also recognise the need to plan ahead and avoid possible pitfalls in the future when entering into a new relationship.
Family issues cover a broad range of advice that include:-
- the legal and financial implications of separation and divorce
- cohabitation, marriage and civil partnership
- international aspects of divorce / dissolution
- preservation and / or division of the family's resources; the home, business, maintenance, pensions, savings and even debts
- the effect of separation upon children, including residence (single and shared), contact, maintenance and sometimes even abduction
- parental responsibility and special guardianship applications
- domestic violence; protecting both yourself and the children, excluding your former partner from the home where necessary
- pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- pre-civil partnership agreements
- separation agreements when an immediate divorce is not planned
- changing your name or that of your children
We can offer our reasoned advice on these matters and help in the most difficult cases; as a matter of urgency, where appropriate. Circumstances vary but our aim is to resolve matters quickly, pragmatically, cost-effectively and discreetly for our clients.
We are happy to provide an initial fixed fee interview in either our Melton Mowbray or Loughborough Offices at your convenience.
To find out more about Latham & Co us please call our Loughborough office on 01509 238822 or our Melton Mowbray office on 01664 563012 or contact us by email.